Thursday, 3 September 2015

Armies on Parade 2015 - Part I

The race is on.
I finally decided to take part in this years Armies on Parade.

It took a while for serveral reasons.
One was that I couldn't decide what to make. If you look for "Armies on Parade"-Boards there seem to be just to kinds

  • Superimpressive like the ones from Mike Gupton
  • Not so superimpressive like a flat 24"x 24" Board with some drybrushed paint and the Army standing on this board
To me most of them just present the armies (Well, maybe that's why it's called "on Parade" Mr. Hazamel...). I don't want to do that. I had a more scenic presentation in mind. My army in action.
Or my swarm because calling my hivefleet an army? I don't know.
First idea was to build a manufactorum. But I think this is the thing this year. Everybody seems to build a manufactorum this year. And it doesn't leave a lot of room for my swarm. And that's what I want to focus on: The swarm-thing.
Lot's of Tyranids attacking (okay, that shouldn't be to hard with 70 Gaunts...) one last desperate outpost.




But because it's no paradestyle I rejected the idea. Until yesterday when I had a little chat with my friend Dirk about my idea.
He finally convinced me to do this, because it's what Armies on Parade is all about.

Luckily I didn't had to shop much. I already bought a board, some foam, paint, buildings and so on.


So what's the plan?

I'll but the imperial Bastion (maybe with an additional bunker) and a Aegis Defence Line on a (foam-)hill. Some sandbags and razor wire (Homemade ;-) ).
The lower area will be filled with Tyranids, some craters and debris.
Currently I'm thinking about some "extras" which can be used as missionmarker later (also Dirk's idea)
  • A Gaunt caught in razor wire
  • A Gaunt crawling out of the earth at the backside of the Bastion (Hey, I've a Trygon Prime, why not deep striking?)
  • Maybe a torn Space Marine because I've a Carnifex with a Blood Angel's helmet on his talon.
But first of all I've to make some testruns on smaller terrain-pieces. I've just seen how to use filler on a board to get some texture but never done it. Same with the paint. I'll not use expensive Citadel-Paint on this size. Instead I'm using some acrylic paint from the hardware store and crafts shop.

I hope it'll be fun. And finally look great.

I'll keep you up to date here or you can follow me on Instagram or Facebook

Countdown is set.

51 Days left...

No comments:

Post a Comment