Sunday, 25 October 2015

Ghostkeel Drones

After having painted the Ghostkeel, the two MV5 Stealthdrones weren't a big challenge.


Compared to the Ghostkeel I only changed one little detail:
At the Ghostkeel I did a weathering with sponing Drayad Bark. For the Drones I added a second layer with Runefang Steel to get a the look of newly chipped paint. I like this one more.
With using the sponge it looks really like little metal flakes at the edge.
And now:

On to new projects.

Saturday, 24 October 2015

...and the Winner is...

Not me.
Which is not a bad thing because I came in second on Armies on Parade right after a great Fantasy-Display with a 25 year old minuature.


Im honest: This was my favorite.

I came in second and I'm sooooo happy


So... let's see what's next year ;)

Tau Ghostkeel

A week ago, Flo offered me to build and paint the new Tau Ghostkeel for Warhammer Würzburg.
Tempted to try something new I said yes and here's the result.
Base will be made later at the store to fit with the upcoming Tau-Army.

Saturday, 17 October 2015

Armies on Parade 2015: Finishline!

It's done!
Everything is painted, flocked and placed. While I'm typing this, my contribution is standing in the hallway ready to take it's journey to the Warhammer Würzburg.
No more talking... This is it. I hope you enjoy it.
And if you're located from around Würzburg:
Go to the store next Saturday (October 24th between 11 and about 5) and vote (for me!)

Next Projects

Has been pretty quiet around here the last days.
I've finished my Armies On Parade-Display. I have to take some photos this weekend and then I'll take it to my Warhammer-Store.
So what's currently on my desk?
I've assembled and primed my upcoming Skitarii-Army and started to work with my half squad of DeathKorps of Krieg.

I really like the look. And I mostly like how few work they need to clean. Looking forward painting it.

Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Armies on Parade - Part V

I'm pretty much done.
I went to my local store yesterday to pick up my Exhibition-Nids to see how they fit into the display.
Good idea, because I found out, that there wasn't enough room on my current setup. Parts of the manufactorum had to go (The small corner). Gunemplacement on the hill was removed and changed for the big Manufactorum.
No explosions, no razorwire (so far...) but I ended up with something like this:



Friday, 2 October 2015

Painting Genestealers

My Deathstorm-Genestealers are done and ready for Armies on Parade.
I'm honest: I haven't missed painting Tyranid-Troops at all. It's not painting the skin, it's painting the carpace and claws black again.
I sticked to my Hivefleet Leviathan Painting Schema I started one and a half years ago:
Body:

  1. Primer: White
  2. Basecoat: Ushabit Bone
  3. Wash: Carroburg Crimson
  4. Brush: Ushabit Bone
  5. Heavy Drybrush: Screaming Skull
  6. Light Drybrush: White Scar