Friday, 29 January 2016

Backlist-Update January

Talking about priority also implies talking about the famous backlist. Or, to speak truth, the inevitable *Insert thunder and lightning here* PILE OF SHAME!

So time to crunch the numbers of my current PoS:
At the Moment I've horrible 54 items on my list (Plus one for something that's already ordered but not shipped yet). And that's without Mice & Mystics or Zombicide Black Plague!
I called I items because I count army boxes like Dark Vengeance (I got from my girlfriend and haven't started yet) as much as I count single characters like a TechPriest.

Four of them are boxes. As I said Dark Vengeance, the Blood Angel-half of Deathstorm, SpaceHulk and Elimination Maniple from Cult Mechanicus. Yes, I'm cheating on numbers. I studied some time Business Administration and learned a lot about how to make numbers look nicer.
Another five are "big ones". Harpy, Knight, Tyrannofex. I really like these ones because I tend to have more fun painting a big bug than painting ten little bugs all the same.
Next up is Terrain with nine boxes. Buildings, trenches, trees. I've a histroy in not painting terrain ;) Although my two painted Manufactorums look really nice.
Slightly in front are those things called vehicles. Eleven of them are waiting to get painted. Good news in this category: Six are already primed which means they are pretty close to getting painted.
But the leader is, and I'm pretty sure that's not so uncommon, Infantry with 24 boxes.
It's hard to draw a line here. There are single character models mixed with small squads and real squads like my Deathkorps. Somehow a Terminator-Squad is a "big" squad for me, but the DKoK Command HQ with the same number of miniatures is just a small squad.

So what's my plan to reduce this?
First: I know there won't be an end! Never!
Second: Painting what's already primed. That's more or less what I named here a few days ago.
Third: Don't buy new stuff! I have enough to do! Another valid argument for NOT starting a Daemonkin-Army. But as we all know THIS one never works. But I'm afraid my local store won't see me so often the next time. Maybe just for gaming or restocking glue and paint.

I'll keep you up to date...


No comments:

Post a Comment