Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Battlereport: Skitarii/Blood Angels vs. Black Templar-Style Space Marines

We crossed swords again!
After my legendary loss with my Tyranids against Flo's Space Marines I tried something new.
I took my new Skitraii out for a ride, supported by a few Blood Angels to fill up the 1500 points.


As I said, it was not as bad as the Tyranid-Battle but I lost many victory points to two. I take it the Mythbusters way:
Failure is always an option. My option was to learn about my new guys from Ryza.

Army Review

Let's see how the new guys performed!

Rangers:

Well... Maybe they are pretty good. I can't tell you because they didn't survive long enough. They got hit by a Flamethrower and were gone pretty fast.
I find it also difficult to have four different guns in one sqaud. Shooting at an enemy takes a lot of time.
Nice one: Their rifles have 30" range so I've 3" more for double Firepower... Which is pretty useless at my lucky dice hand.

Vanguard:

Saved me my two points for securing objective No. 5 twice (Round 1 and 3). Took a pretty heavy beating from the salvo cannon. But hey: They scored!
Didn't live long enough to show me how good their weapons are.

Dragoon:

Not sure what to do with this unit. It's fast, it has a sniper rifle (or a superlarge Taser Lance) and that's it. Didn't score, didn't kill. Maybe it's stronger with two others. But I think Ironstrider will be the better choice.

Ruststalker:

I feel like these are the Skitarii-Version of  Hormagaunts. They're fast, I've mine with to Transonic blades and they didn't really have an impact in close combat against Space Marines.

Dunecrawler:

Really... How evil is this one? Even with the Anti-Air-Configuration this was a superbad one.
Dangerous and difficult terrain? Who cares? You're shooting at me? Well, I've a nice forcefield. Heavy 5 Rockets?! Even with just snapshots, your're carrying around 4(!) guns at a time with 11 (!!!) shots at your enemy! This, sir... is a monster. And I like him. He stabbed the Dreadnaught in the back. Unfortunatley one round to soon. Otherwise this would have been victory point No. 3

Army and Formation rules

Scout for everyone is nice. Crusader would have been nice, if I had to use it...
I forgot everytime about the Doctrina Imperatives. But I hope I'll remember on Saturday at the Campaign!

So far I like the orange ones even though, the MVP goes to the Assault Squad for eliminating a whole tactical Squad.

Kudos goes to the Black Templar's Librarian who avoided being overrun by my rhino and resisted being killed by a whole tactical Squad in two rounds of close combat!

I think I know some of the weak spots now and I'm trying to close the gap.
I'm really looking forward to field them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment