Sunday, 8 May 2016

Tales of Dead Earth - Captain Nova Lightspeed

Last part and only a few days left until Free Comic Bookday in Germany which is also releaseday for the box.
This time it's Captain Nova Lightspeed!


I had a hard time with this young lady. No because she's difficult to paint but she lost her left arm twice and I had to deburr the inside of the leg with a file (Lucky me, that I've all those nice toys ;) )
But this is about painting.

Boots, Jacket and Shorts

I painted the boots, jacket and shorts in Mephiston Red, washed it with Carroburg Crimson and highlighted it with Evil Sunz Scarlet and Wild Rider Red.
The yellow seams were painted afterwards with Averland Sunset, washed with Casandora Yellow and highlighted with Yriel Yellow.
The sole is painted with Zandri Dust and Ushabti Bone.

Hair

I painted the hair in Stegadon Scale Green, washed it with Coelia Greenshade and highlighted it with Sotek Green. Maybe this sounds familiar, because it's the same way I did the Spacesuit.

Skin

I hate painting skin!
It's the way I paint all my skins: Bugman's Glow, Reikland Fleshshade as wash and then trying to pick out details with Cadian Fleshtone and Kislev Flesh.
Did I mention that I don't like painting skin? ;)


Eyes

White Scar and a very thin black pen. That's all... Be careful because this is a pretty important part of the model.

And that's it.
All four are painted now. It was fun, because it was totally different from painting Space Marines.


I hope you enjoyed it and maybe I see some (much better) results from anybody else!

No comments:

Post a Comment