Thursday, 5 January 2017

Finished Krieg Squad and Tutorial

I'm done with my first squad of Death Korps of Krieg.
The second half got much quicker painted than the first half.
And I was really humbled when I was asked on Instagram to tell how I painted my guys.

So here we go...

I primed my Sqaud black last winter because I wasn't sure how to paint them. I was not that much of a problem to do the white coat on top.

The white coat

For the white coat I did the following
  • Celestra Grey basecolor
  • Nuln Oil Wash in the recesses
  • More or less drybrush with Ulthan Grey
  • Gentle highlighting with White Scar
All in all (like almost the rest...) Textbook-usage of citadel painting system.

The inside

I wanted to have a contrast to all that white stuff so I decided to go with dark red.
  • Khorne Red basecolor
  • Agrax Earthshade as wash
  • Gentle drybrush with Wazdakka Red
  • Picking so edges with Squid Orange
You've to be very careful with the last one not to destroy the red too much

Helmet, shoulders and pouches

Helmet and shoulders are made of metal (I hope) so I wanted to give them a little other, darker white than the coat.
I decided to go with the same color for the backpack and the pouches.
  • Rakarth Flesh basecolor
  • Heavy wash with Reikland Fleshshade
  • Flayed One Flesh layer( I've the Citadel Edge Version not sure if the new one is the same)
  • Drybrush with Palid Wych Flesh
That's all. No magic, no fancy stuff...
So that makes them look like below. If you have any questions just ask me in the comments or at Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment