Who Am I?
Living in Germany I started to paint gaming miniatures in September 2013. So while I writing this, I've been painting for about two years.
I got infected by a Games Workshop Game called Dreadfleet which is kind of a mixture between Battleship and Pirates!
So I bought paints, brushes and tools and was done a few month later. All ships, islands and gaming material painted. So what to do next? No one buys expensive paints to stop at that point.
Luckily a friend of mine offered me to give me his Ultramarines from the Black Reach Box. More paints, more stuff... But I didn't stick with the Ultramarines. Some day I returned from my favorite Geek-Supplier with a Box labeled "Blood Angels Battleforce" and a Codex. Since then my stack of boxes is rising.
Why this blog?
While painting Dreadfleet I learned a few this when it comes to painting:
- There are a lot of intimidating good painters out there on the web (And in some books as I learned recently). Unfortunately I didn't find so much good tutorials about how to use which paint for what. I'd like to thank Paul "Mr. WatchingPaintDry" Graham for his great blog and YouTube-Channel that guided me through Dreadfleet and my Blood Angels a lot.
As a consequence I wanted to share my experience with the world which led to
- Using my Instagram account to show my work. If you're not already following me there, feel free to follow me.
I found a lot of inspiration there and I gathered a pretty nice number of followers over the time. It's great to show your results and progress on the way to your results.
I also learned two other things: Instagram is mainly about tagging. If I don't tag my pictures so much I get less likes (and I assume also less views). The second thing is handling. Yes, Instagram is about pictures. But sometimes I'd like to write a little more and explain or mention something. That's tough or almost impossible at Instagram. So I searched for an alternative.
- I didn't want to do it on my blog. Again for two reasons: Language of choice when it comes to tabletop is english. And my blog is german. Second reason: I didn't want to fill up my blog with Tabletop-Stuff.
My first try with tumblr was a complete failure because I don't like the interface. So this was my second choice and I'm pretty happy with it.
As you've come this far I assume you're either interested in this stuff or you like what you've seen so far. So let's sum up how you can watch or even interact with me
- Follow me on my Instagram-Account I already mentioned above
- You can oldschool use a Feedreader like Feedly to get News via RSS-Feed from this blog
- You can also like me Facebook-Page "Painting Hazamel" to stay up to date. I link my posts there and share some pictures and information
- Or you can also browse through my CoolMiniOrNot-Account
So have fun and enjoy your stay.